[Sca-cooks] Scotch Eggs

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 4 15:49:40 PDT 2009

So Scotch eggs are what you'll get in a Period-correct greasy spoon?

Judith / no SCA name yet

On Aug 3, 2009, at 9:28 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

We talk about Scotch Eggs from time to time and
Stefan has a file on them in the Florilegium.
--------

I don't think there is any evidence of Scotch Eggs being period and
very little connection to Scotland. I have them in the Florilegium
because they are a popular SCA food and they do make good, lunchtime
snacks.

If wish to make them less greasy, there are instructions in this file
for baking rather than frying them.

This is the file to which Johnna is referring:
Scotch-Eggs-msg   (19K)  3/ 5/05  Fried sausage-wrapped hard-boiled
eggs.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Scotch-Eggs-msg.html

Stefan
--------