[Sca-cooks] Largesse: What to avoid.

chawkswrth at aol.com chawkswrth at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 13:51:30 PDT 2009

This is a subject that was recently discussed on other E-Lists of which I am a member. Their Majesties put out a request, privately, for items to give to other Royals, as well as Thank Yous.
The suggestions that were discussed were small sewing kits, with embroidered covers(a sewing book, so to speak). The handkerchiefs that His Grace mentioned, embroidered pin cushions, handmade jewelry, beeswax, fine linen yardage, a selection of silk embroidery threads, thimbles, small scissors, embroidered sweet bags...and so on.
I have had my hand in preparing?gift baskets for Our various Royals to give at Wars. We were given a choice of which Kingdom to handle, told where to do the searching,?to go forth and surprise everyone. For example, the Queen of one Kingdom was an Embroidery Laurel. She received a box of Silks, along with a Gold needle in a Victorian Gothic styled needle case and a pair of small scissors. Another Queen was a know Chocoholic-she was gifted with handmade chocolate roses, in a small basket lined with linen embroidered with her own personal device.

The key is getting what Their Majesties want, not guess. To that end, talk to Their People, for if They are on their toes, they have a Largess Wrangler. It makes it so much easier on the Royals, when they have a designated gift organizer.

Helen