[Sca-cooks] Service Animal

Chass Brown charinthalis at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 12 12:09:20 PDT 2009

Helena that is not true any establishement or place of public accomidation
(yes the sca is a place of public accomidation) are entitled to ask 3
questions.\

1) Are you disabled (note not able to ask the reason your disabled)?
2) Is that a service Animal?
3) What tasks does he perform to mitigate your disability? (also note doesnt
give them right to decide if task is good enough sample answers guide
animal, siezure alert animal, mobility assist, hearing alert animal, but if
you ehar things like he helps me with my depression or he calms me down
those are emotional support animals and not covered by the ADA which is
where service animals are allowed).

I would honestly ask about the service cat. There is not honest proof of
service animals, well over 90% are owner trained. They do not have to have
certification (is against the law to actually ask for that). Service animals
are viewed as durable medical equipment. also falsly claiming an animal as a
service animal is against the law and is a fineable offense.

Chass who is Wheelchair bound but not bound to give up