[Sca-cooks] Toast RE: Cardamon

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 04:38:42 PDT 2009

Stefan,

I would think you're not noticing much difference in your blood
glucose from cinnamon because you are Type I. Cinnamon (and most other
things that work for Type IIs) work in one of two ways - they either
encourage your pancreas to produce more insulin, or they reduce your
insulin resistance. As a Type I, neither tactic is likely to be
helpful for you.

YIS,

Ilsebet
Type II diabetic

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:21 AM, Stefan li
Rous<stefanlirous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
<snip>

> The cinnamon isn't going to make up for all that sugar sprinkled on the
> toast. And the research was on Type II diabetes, not the Type I, which I
> have.  I have been taking some cinnamon capsules, just in case it might
> help. But I've not noticed any effect. It is easier to eat a capsule though
> than a spoon of straight, powdered cinnamon.

> Stefan
</snip>