[Sca-cooks] Toast RE: Cardamon

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Thu Aug 13 04:42:49 PDT 2009

On Aug 13, 2009, at 3:21 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Someone mentioned substituting Splenda for the sugar. I don't know
> if the Splenda will melt like the sugar, as I mentioned above.
> Perhaps it would be worth trying just to see how this cardamon toast
> would compare.

I mentioned it. You toast the bread first, then butter it, then
sprinkle on cinnamon, and Splenda last. The Splenda will melt.
Advantages: No diabetic coma (at least not from sugar; the bread is
your own lookout, but this can also be done with sliced apples or
whatnot); tastes about the same; and no butter, sugar, and spice
residue in your toaster.