[Sca-cooks] Dots of Sauce

rattkitten rattkitten at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 16 18:38:55 PDT 2009

And what is even funnier is that Book is sitting on my shelf over there
and I absolutely adore it!!!!!!!!!  But please understand neither I nor
the author of the book are condoning sauce dots or even ::shudders::
squiggling... That chapter is basically entitled "So you want to cook
like the restaurant Chef?" and he even says PS We don't eat like this we
cook it that way because that is what has come to be expected. He even
sums it up with That's our BIG Secret..... Now you know... or something
to that effect...

It is quoted from Anthony Bourdain's "Kitchen Confidential" I love the
book because it is written by someone that you can just tell has been
there in the weeds, fried dog tired, and still flippin' food.

I am not trying to start a debate on Tony Bourdain... simply giving my
opinion.  I hold the same opinion of most of the other Celeb Chef's as
Master A.... not cause of him, just because we agree....  Julia Child
was a Goddess and Bobby Flay isn't even worthy of rolling in her vomit.

Anthony just touched me because he admits it like most restaurant
chefs... "I can't believe I gotta squirt this jizz on this plate so the
stupe will pay that much more..."

But it is the "IN" thing... and the easiest way to decorate the dish.

Sorry for rambling.... (I'm a Ramblin' Guy....) ((That was a trip in the
Way Back Machine for some of us...)) (((So was that)))

Nichola