[Sca-cooks] Period substitute for tomatoes?

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Fri Aug 21 15:50:38 PDT 2009

I never claimed to have a source. What I claim is that, with Period-
appropriate ingredients, one can make fried green tomatoes similar to
what one naturally brings to mind when thinking "fried green tomatoes."

For a Period fried green tomatoes, I'd say slice them, pan-fry them
without any batter or crumbs or anything, and dip them in verjus.