[Sca-cooks] Period Shabbat

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon Aug 24 12:54:52 PDT 2009

Craig Daniel wrote:
>> That's a really good idea. I was thinking of offering to teach a class at
>> some point on the practicalities of Jewish observance at SCA events and/or
>> in the Middle Ages, so I guess I should spend this winter working out some
>> class materials, including a pamphlet such as you describe.
>>

> It could get a little tricky, since you have to follow the rule about
> the Society not endorsing religious observances,

No, no, no, no!!  Unless the studentas are being asked to actually
participate in some sort of religious practice, a class on a set of
religious practices in period does *not* fall foul of the Society's rules!

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?