[Sca-cooks] P B & J

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon Aug 24 15:40:00 PDT 2009

bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:

><<Judith Epstein wrote:?
>

>>I'm continually amazed at those who think children need to be > culinarily patronized. Absolutely, feed your children mushy foods > before they get teeth; cater to allergies and health-related > intolerances; feed them according to your religious and ideological > restrictions (kosher, halal, vegetarian/vegan). But that's where the > restrictions can safely stop. After those restrictions are honored, > feed children like you feed adults, and they will develop a good > palate and an attitude that they can try new things. ?
>>

>I absolutely 100% agree! ?
>-- Antonia di Benedetto Calvo?>>
>

>I'd have agreed with both of you before I had my son.

<snip!>

>He doesn't get a special meal prepared for him; if he won't eat anything I've made, he doesn't get anything to eat until the next meal.?

Which is to say that you exactly agree with me :-)

I'm not suggesting that children don't have any food issues-- just that
they shouldn't be indulged any more than absolutely necessary.

(I am *not* into the idea that children be forced to "try" foods that
they really don't want, or that they be forced to clean their plates.)

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?