[Sca-cooks] Books to cook, Roger II

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 09:37:14 PDT 2009

Serena wrote:
> Could you please provide further information on this text. I did not
> know that such a book existed - it would have saved me a world of
> research when I was doing a 12th century Sicilian feast.

Sorry,  I thought Al Idrisi wrote something on cookery as "Kitab" is in
the title of one of his books but it seems to be a dictionary of drugs
in several languages. Clifford Wright cites reference to macaroni in his
Book of Roger but I cannot find anything on a 12th century Sicilian cook
book.
Suey
////