[Sca-cooks] Contests was Definition of "Period Cooking" was Re: Substitute for Potatoes?

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Aug 25 09:35:42 PDT 2009

>I guess then that this brings up the question, "Why are you in the SCA?"
>Everything we do is based on what folks did in the Middle Ages and
>Renaissance...

Who do you mean by "we?" If Judith does her camp cooking using only
period ingredients, she will be well above the SCA median, since most
of the Society, judging at least by Pennsic, is doing modern cooking,
complete with corn on the cob.

I think she would have more fun being more period than that, but what
she proposes is easily up to the level of current practice.
--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com