[Sca-cooks] Edible Violet Water?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 26 17:48:39 PDT 2009

I have some violet extract which is used for cooking.  It isn't violet water by any means.

I have found a place in Cleveland OH that sells either Violet flavor or Violet oil.  They are called Bickfords.  They claim that everything that

"Through the years, we have maintained our high standards and know you will find our excellent customer service, honesty and, most importantly, our products to be of superior quality. We service restaurants, caterers, health food stores and many fine food manufacturers. Our "little bottles of natural goodness" are shipped in a variety of sizes ranging from one ounce to a 55-gallon drum. The flavors contain no added alcohol, sugar or salt and are Kosher certified. All this makes them very popular with gourmet retailers and anyone requiring special diets."

http://www.bickfordflavors.com/onlineordering.asp

Their water-soluble violet flavoring sells for $3.09 for 1 oz + $8.95 shipping.  Their violet oil, which is supposed to be stronger in flavor, is
$7.95 + $8.95 shipping.

I hope that this helps.

I picked up some Kewda Water, because it called itself Iris Water.  But looking it up, it really isn't made from iris.  Have you had experience using Kewda water?

Huette

PS: please write me privately about my snoods?  Thanks.