[Sca-cooks] Source review - Charles Potter's translation of Messisbugo

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 14:54:35 PDT 2009

Thank you Johnnae, I hadn't know there was an archive or how to access it- what an awesome resource! I will definitely bookmark that link!

I love my copy of Scappi and I've been using it quite a bit, but there are a few things I had hoped to see but aren't there, like more of the year of menus (even if they had been included in Italian). I'm hoping I can either eventually work on translating them myself, or someone else does that's willing to share- I know Helewyse has several days available and at one point I actually dropped several days into a spread sheet so you can sort by menu item, meal, course, etc. Fun to play with!

I've used Helewyse's site quite a bit as well, I usually email her before referencing anything she posted for a class, or feast documentation. This reminds me, I need to go see what's changed since the last time I looked at everything. :)

In joyous service,
Raffaella