[Sca-cooks] Copyright commentary

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Fri Aug 28 13:41:43 PDT 2009

>Okay, I've recently came across this when I just happened to be
>surfing the net recently.  I spotted my very own handout (author
>removed) on the Ravenwood Archery site.

After sending my previous response, I located a webbed version of
your handout and compared the two. I think they are clearly guilty of
both plagiarism and copyright violation. I've attempted to put a
comment on their site to that effect, but it isn't clear if the
commenting software is currently working. I wasn't able to find any
email address for the organization or any of its members.

If anyone on the list knows any of them, I would appreciate an email
address so that I can point out to them that what they are doing is
equivalent to "winning" an archery competition by having a better
archer enter under your name.

If you want to go to the trouble, your legal recourse is to send
their ISP a takedown notice, instructing them to take down the
material webbed in violation of your copyright.. I've never done one,
so can't give you any details of just how.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com