[Sca-cooks] [OOP] Culinary History from the Dark Side

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Sun Aug 30 07:46:44 PDT 2009

--- Robin Carroll-Mann <rcarrollmann at gmail.com> schrieb am Sa, 29.8.2009:

> > This is, to my surprise and slight shock, noit just a
> cookbook
> > that was published in Germany in 1938, it is a genuine
> Nazi
> > cookbook.
>
> I searched the title of your find on Google.  There
> were many copies
> on various European eBay sites, selling for much more than
> you paid.
> I see that a 1942 edition was also published -- it might
> be
> interesting to compare the two of them.

Thanks! I'll see if I can get it. There may be an article in there somewhwere, or a thesis project, eventually.

Flea markets are being good to me lately, by the way. Today I got a cookbook (in a rather bad state) for one meal plan for every day of the year. Definitely upper bourgeois cuisine. It gives no year, but by the looks of it it can't predate 1860 much, and it is denominated in Thaler, so it must be before 1871.

Nice.

Giano