[Sca-cooks] OOP request

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 21:33:26 PDT 2009

Greetings Dan,
   You might try SavoryFare2 here is the description:
"This list focuses on the historic foodways of the 18th Century, specifically the period during the American War for Independence (the Revolutionary War). Discussions on this list will include receipts (recipes) and appropriate documentation, ingredients (both finding original and possible modern substitutes), measurements, cooking methods, foodways background and relevant material culture of colonial America, including immigrants of the period and their contribution. Anyone who has an interest in the foodways of the mid to late 18th century is welcome to subscribe! Onelist archives, a companion website and a planned "Receipt of the Month", along with lively subscriber discussions promises to make this an interesting and exciting venture! This list is an adjunct to the RevList, an active community of living historians, but anyone with an interest in the food and related history of this time period is both wanted and welcome!"

There have been some interesting discussions, like whether making "Buffalo mozzarella" is appropriate for an American civil war camp, and lots of others.

In joyous service,
Raffaella