[Sca-cooks] Feast culture, was: food likes, dislikes & ettiquette

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 31 22:48:00 PDT 2009

Raphaella wrote:
>  I love what the West has done with their Perfect Period feasts
>  which are researched down to the serving and table ware and served
>  in the appropriate manner by a trained serving staff, and hope to
>  achieve something like that up here in AnTir.

David/Cariadoc replied:
>  Unless I've missed some, there has only been one of those--but it was
>  very impressive. It would certainly be nice if other people start
>  doing such things, at least occasionally.

There has been only one. But another is in the planning, this one
16th c. Spanish. I don't know if it's for next year or the year
after...

Because the first group cast their own spoons and a certain amount of
the ceramic serving dishes, and dressed up the serving crew - there
was about 1 server for every two diners - oh, yeah, not to mention
building the high backed gothic style benches - it was a lot of work
ahead of time.

But a truly memorable experience. They even had non-pork stuffed
chicken for those of us with Muslim personas - and those who keep
kinda kosher mundanely.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita