[Sca-cooks] Henry VIII diet

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Aug 15 20:22:55 PDT 2009

 From the Lochac list.

<<<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbgcDxAQSgQ is someone buying what
Henry VIII ate in a week.

I am not sure the alcohol level is right as I suspect both the ale and
the red wine were not very alcoholic.

They don't say how they worked out what he ate, as in whether the info
they have is extrapolated from one instance or if there are records of
what was eaten in a week generally.

On the other hand, it's clear from what gets served at SCA feasts that
"no vegetables" is true! >>>

I think the alcohol amount is correct, in part because I think the
average alcohol level in the beverages was lower.

I'm not sure the comments on vegetables is correct. I wish I knew
which records were used to construct this video.

Comments?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com