[Sca-cooks] food dislikes, cultural mores and being polite. was Re: Re: P B & J

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Wed Aug 26 14:20:37 PDT 2009

I guess I'm reading this whole thread and thinking what a sad state of affairs we live in taht someone cant
just say "no thank you" and have it taken at face value.

why I say no? isnt actually anyones business but mine. it doesnt have to be a good reason, because its MY
reason.

now, again, I'm the worst. I love a challenge, and if you say no thanks, I'll want to know why to see if I
can "fix it". but really? it should be ok for anyone to tell anyone "no thanks" and leave it at that. feel
free to remind me of this post when that happens :)

the giving and recieving of food is such an initmate thing and has so many emotional buttons attatched to it.
I kinda wish we could strip at least the built in guilt/baggage part of that away and learn to take what
people say at face value.

sometimes no thanks? just means no thanks....

_AM, who also thinks the onus is on the person saying no thanks to be clear and concise and not automatically
expect anyone to go to any trouble for them.