[Sca-cooks] sewing

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 26 14:35:34 PDT 2009

> Where do you live? Some of this group sew as well as cook and might
> be agreeable to giving new comers assistance in learning the basics.

I'm in the West Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago. I'll joyfully
feed (modernly) anyone who agrees to come show me what I'm doing so
very wrongly!

Judith
--------

Judith,

As you or others have mentioned, often hands-on help is the best way
to help you with sewing.

You may be feeling overwhelmed with Florilegium references by now, but
I do have these files in the TEXTILE ARTS section.
sergers-msg       (18K)  9/24/06    Use of sergers in the SCA.
Advantages.
sewing-msg        (80K)  4/ 8/08    Sewing ideas and stitches.
sewing-tables-msg  (7K)  3/30/00    Ideas and comments on sewing tables.
sewing-tools-msg  (70K)  1/19/08    Medieval sewing tools, needles,
thimbles.
sewng-machnes-msg (31K)  6/17/05    Comments on sewing machines for
SCA use.

There is also some useful info on clothing itself in the CLOTHIMG and
the ACCESSORIES sections.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com