[Sca-cooks] Sauce made with blood

Lawrence Bayne shonsu_78 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 10:30:14 PST 2009

I am not sure about being period, but I do know that the Basque people do/have used a "pancake" made of garlic, herbs, and dried blood, NOT as a sauce, but to enrich sauces, stews and the like. Heard about this at least 10-15 years ago.
BB
YIS
Lothar

 Ranvaig asked:

<<< I'm doing some research on the sauce from Rumpolt called
"Ein Pfeffer", which is made with blood.  I'm looking for other
sauce recipes with blood, especially German recipes, but I'd be interested
in others as well.  I'm aware of blood sausage, but I'm only looking for
sauce recipes using fresh blood.  I found the following recipes from Welserin.