[Sca-cooks] another child to brag on!

rene chaisson renechaisson at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 08:33:04 PST 2009

My middle daughter, Kaitlin(age 9) had entered a recipe competition run by her school. It had to be a healthy dish that kids could make on their own without cooking. Out of almost 500 entries, she is so far in the top 10 and gets to prepare it before the district with the help of a local top chef for the final competition. She already gets a medal and(something she has asked for for years)a chef coat with her name embroidered on it for making it this far. She dish is "Chicken Caesar Pita Pockets" using whole wheat pitas, fat free dressing, and added broccoli, carrots and tomatoes for extra color, crunch, and nutrition. She loves to help in the kitchen and helps me with my redactions already. I see a future feastocrat in the making!!
Tia