[Sca-cooks] Period Portable Lunch Foods

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 05:59:31 PST 2009

That's too cute for words!

Any of the ubiquitous pastry containing meat mixture things would
work...sanbusa, samosa, pasties, etc.  Even some period recipes like Pies of
Paris would work well as a pastie.  Of course, raw veggies and/or fruit
would work well.  You could have raita or another yoghurt dip for the
veggies.  Also chunks of cheese of various types.  Maybe pita and hummus?
Pickles of any sort are always good as the vinegar replaces electrolytes.

Kiri