[Sca-cooks] How do you answer such a question

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 8 22:00:28 PST 2009

On Feb 9, 2009, at 12:01 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Gunthar then asks her "Whether it is more important to wash dishes
> or be in his court".
>
> Of course I know Gunthar from this list, and realize he might have
> been in that kitchen if he hadn't been Crown. I doubt she was.
>
> Kinda a Catch-22 question. So how would *you* answer such a question?
>
> You probably don't want to say "Yes, it is much more fun to be
> sopping wet in the kitchen scrubbing dirty dishes than be in your
> Court".
>
> If you say "Court is more important" then the second question
> becomes "Then why were you not here".

"Your Majesty, it is more important _for me_ to be washing dishes than
to attend the business of the Court. I have no petition or grievance
to bring before the Court, and there are others who will serve as
witnesses to what is done here, but to mismanage the household that
hosts the Court by failing to attend to its business would be a crime."

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter