[Sca-cooks] How do you answer such a question

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 9 20:04:02 PST 2009

On Feb 9, 2009, at 10:11 PM, S CLEMENGER wrote:

> Spatula of Power? Oh. My. Gawd.
> --Maire, rotflmao!

Figure of speech. There is no Spatula Of Power, per se, although I do
own an enormous maple rolling pin named Joyeuse, and my lady wife
inherited from my late mother (more properly, liberated from her
personal effects) a particular pair of rubber gloves which render her
invincible in the face of all forms of grime, which we have dubbed The
Mighty Rubber Gloves Of Power. AFAIK, they're just really old-
fashioned, heavy-duty rubber gloves which used to be sold in every
supermarket in the 1960's. but now have been superseded by cheaper,
lighter, less protective versions.

I know many here favor some variant on The Wooden Spoon of Office;
I've got a good one, but apart from being very large, very heavy, and
hand-carved from an oak-tree boll by my brother, it confers no special
powers I'm aware of.

A spatula just happened to be what I was holding in my hand at the
moment...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter