[Sca-cooks] OP Modern cookies question

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 07:40:03 PST 2009

I think Madeleines have been covered but I'll add that the French make them
with LOTS of butter!  They are often denser more like a pound cake but with
a slightly different texture.  Someone gave you a site for the pans - they
come in at least 2 sizes.  One about an inch and the other about 2 inches in
size.  My  mother also used a lady-finger pan (kinda looks like a bone - or
a baton).