[Sca-cooks] Pancakes and Fruitcakes was Happy Shrove/Fat Tuesday

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 19:36:02 PST 2009

Gwen Cat said:
<<< Nope, not of a persuasion to fast, but of a heritage that
celebrates Rose Monday and Fat Tuesday with GUSTO. >>>

I've heard of Fat Tuesday, but what is "Rose Monday"?

<<< On the other topic, your discussion got me curious just how far
back fruit cake recipes go.  If I had to pick a country how about
English?  any online leads? >>>

If you use the search engine on the top page of the Florilegium you
can find a few mentions.

I also have this previous message, although it hasn't made it into
the Florilegium yet since I was looking for enough material on period
fruitcake for a new file.