[Sca-cooks] Manoscritto Lucano

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Feb 28 06:17:11 PST 2009

Manoscritto Lucano: Ein unveröffentlichtes Kochbuch aus Süditalien vom
Beginn des 16. Jahrhunderts
By Michael Süthold, Michael S?euthold
Published by Droz, 1994
ISBN 2600000372, 9782600000376
331 pages

The best review that I found is from PPC 48 back in 1995.
Alan Davidson noted that it was an interesting culinary manuscript from
the 1520's.
South of Italy. The recipe text which is in Italian runs 40 pages. The
rest of the book
in German are essays and analysis. Davidson thought it "comprehensive
and handsome."

SCAwise--

It appears in Thomas Gloning's lists, including this review/mention:

Lubello, S.: Besprechung zu ?M. S?thold, Manoscritto Lucano, Ein
unver?ffentlichtes Kochbuch aus S?ditalien vom Beginn des 16.
Jahrhunderts?. In: Zeitschrift f?r romanische Philologie 114 (1998)
376-380.

It's been mentioned in the Florilegium from time to time so copies are
out there and have been used
in various articles and for recipes. Thomas Gloning refers to it several
times.

Hope this helps

Johnnae (playing librarian again)