[Sca-cooks] Soup and eggs question

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:01:20 PST 2009

Saluti!
Is this a period recipe? Could you provide or point me towards the
actual recipe?

I ask this because what is saying that our modern concept of a
"poached" egg is the same as the period concept of "poached" eggs? Is
this a translation you are working from and was the word translated
literally or is it an interpretation on the part of the translator?

There are many caudle like recipes that involve stirring in eggs and I
wonder if you couldn't get away with something along those lines? It
would end up like an egg drop soup kinda, I think.

Just Curious,

--
Serena da Riva