[Sca-cooks] How do you like your chicken?

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Feb 17 12:00:17 PST 2009

>When it comes to Feast planning, we all worry?about staying inside
>the budget, especially the protein portion of the meal.
>Right now, chicken leg quarters are at an excellent price, here. One
>can sometimes pick up a bagful at 59 cents a pound, if one knows
>when and where to look.
>So, here you, the Head Cook, have all?this wealth of chicken thighs and legs.
>
>What would you do with it?
>
>Helen

Al-Baghdadi's Madira can be done with chicken and is pretty good.
Zirbaya from the Andalusian cookbook is a bit odd to modern
tastes--sweet--but good. Andalusian Chicken, from the other
Andalusian cookbook, is tasty. Barmakiyya, which I'm very fond of,
can be made with chicken.

For non-Islamic, Mirause of Catalonia, from Platina, is yummy. We did
it as one of our contributions to a potluck at a recent event and,
alas, there was none left for us to take home.  Another Crust of Tame
Creatures, also from Platina, is interesting--a chicken and fruit pie.

All of those are in the Miscellany, webbed on my site.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com