[Sca-cooks] OP Modern cookies question

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Sun Feb 22 10:33:53 PST 2009

Madeleines are little, shell-shaped cakes.  Here's a wikipedia entry on
them, including a picture of a pan for them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeleine_%28cake%29
I buy crystallized ginger in bulk at my local analogue to Whole Foods
(cheaper, and I can get it organic, as well), but I believe that you can
find it in most grocery stores in the Oriental/ethnic section.
--Maire