[Sca-cooks] Happy Shrove/Fat Tuesday, or whatever you call it...

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 06:17:58 PST 2009

AHHH ... FAT TUESDAY!!!

I am not of the faith that celebrates the Lenten observance (is celebrate the right word for a 40 day event that requires fasting?   hmn...)  But two of my brothers-of-choice ARE ... so tonight we will dine on roast pork gyros with yoghurt and green onion sauce -  served with slices of tomato and raw red onion, feta cheese pies, fresh spinach leaves with hot bacon and onion dressing, and baklava for afters.

In all honesty the cheese pies and baklava were specifically requested by my younger daughter currently doing time at Fort Lost-in-the-woods, Misery.  She is having some becoming-an-adult; deal-with-it moments and could use some comfort food so I am making enough that I can seal them in vacusucker bags and pack them on dry ice to ship to her via express mail.  It is pure coincidence that the preparation of same happened to fall on the feast-before-the-fast day.  This coincidence was pointed out by the two brothers-of-choice mentioned above who were wrangling for an invite (bachelors can be like that).

In order that I not be accused of being a spoon tease … I promise to include recipes either tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers

Malkin

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.  Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.

I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.