[Sca-cooks] Pancakes and Fruitcakes was Happy Shrove/Fat Tuesday

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Feb 24 15:12:07 PST 2009

They really don't.  Pannetone is made from enriched bread dough that is
filled with candied fruit and nuts.  It is similar to Weinachtstollen or
Dresdener Stollen.  Pampepato and panforte are spiced candied fuit and nuts
in a matrix of honey and flour (or breadcrumbs) similar to 16th Century
gingerbread and lebkuchen.  I haven't compared the recipes, but pampepato
may have more matrix then panforte.

Bear