[Sca-cooks] baking at high altitudes

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:41:07 PST 2009

Water boils at around 202 F here.  I have several altitude cookbooks/baking
books one from the cooperative extension that is very helpful.

It's always hit or miss  because it's not just altitude that affects things
- it's barometric pressue, humidity, etc.  Ain't nature grand!!!!  And yet
we still try to control it!

As for the yeast - I have always stored it in the freezer and it has always
worked well.