[Sca-cooks] HELP? What makes a good book on Gastronomy?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 26 12:35:30 PST 2009

Solveig Throndardottir asked:

<< Noble Chefs!>>

Well, I'm not either, but I do have a wonderful library full of the
manuscripts of those that are...

<<< What makes a good book on pre-modern
Gastronomy? This encompasses: food, recipes, food preparation, food
presentation, dining habits, festival calendars, nutrition, ceremony,
whatever "rocks your boat".>>>

All of these in a single book? Or do you mean books about any of
these topics? If the latter, take a look at this file in the FOOD-
BOOKS section of the Florilegium:

books-food-msg   (172K)  2/21/08    Books about food. Not cookbooks.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com