[Sca-cooks] mushrooms

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:31:25 PST 2009

I would think you've got the makings of some killer cream of mushroom soup,
or a great sauce to go with steak, chicken, or pork. When I make mushroom
sauce, I usually make it like a pan sauce - brown the meat, remove meat, add
the mushrooms, saute until the liquid starts to come out (maybe add thyme?),
then deglaze the pan with more stock, and reduce until thick and yummy.
Maybe mount with some butter, or use a roux?

Ilsebet