[Sca-cooks] Tagine help?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Feb 5 00:49:35 PST 2009

The tagine is a variant of the cloche oven of which the earliest known
representatives are about 3,000 years old.

Bear

I received a belated Christmas gift from the in-laws today, and opened an
Emile Henry box labelled with a sticker for a pie plate, but inside found a
beautiful, red tagine.  My knowledge of Middle Eastern cookery is,
unfortunately, limited to Lebanese dishes.  Can anyone suggest a good recipe
for the maiden voyage?  Also, is tagine cooking a period technique, and if
so, what sources should I check out?

Talana