[Sca-cooks] bread pudding

Ginny Beatty ginbeatty at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 06:28:16 PST 2009

Funny you should mention bread pudding....
This takes me back to my Girl Scout days where I had to make meals out of
available ingredients.

My refrigerator died last night. So to salvage the eggs, etc. I threw them
in w/ drying bread and hamburger buns to make up a bread pudding. The milk
had already soured, so I used canned sweetened condensed milk and evaporated
milk instead.I didn't need to add extra sugar that way. :)

Basic recipe from my leftovers:
preheat oven to 350 F
1 15 oz. can evaporated milk
2 6 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
10 eggs
6 hamburger buns,
leftover thin sliced bread,
1 tsp apple pie spice

Shred buns and bread into large bowl
Mix milk and eggs together.
Add spice to milk/egg mix.
Pour milk/egg mix into bread and let soak for an hour or so.

Grease 9x12 baking pan and place bread mixture in it.
Bake for 1 hour.

Hard sauce is optional. I don't have bourbon in the house, but I have a few
whiskeys. However, this was going into the office with me and the coworkers
are currently devouring it. :D

Gwyneth B.