[Sca-cooks] Coriander Juice???

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 6 16:03:37 PST 2009

On Feb 6, 2009, at 5:25 PM, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> Thanks everyone.  I did purchase at the grocery store some time back
> some
> cilantro (another type of coriander, IIRC) that was a puree kind of
> stuff in
> a tube.  I wonder if that would work...especially if I could drain it
> through fine cheesecloth or a coffee filter...whaddya think??
>
> Kiri

This wouldn't be a Latino product known as recaito or culantro, would
it? If so, it's a sort of sofrito-type mixture, containing stuff like
onion and garlic in addition to recau, which is a close relative of
what most Americans know as cilantro, but a slightly different plant.
The flavor is similar, though. If you're just trying to get the
general effect, no problem, but I can envision some SCA circumstances
where it might be cause for concern or question.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter