[Sca-cooks] How do you answer such a question

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Tue Feb 10 02:33:33 PST 2009

>  > yep, used it once myself in a baronial situation. and i >
>grumbled from the kitchen til i hit the hall, wherein the > old
>theatre training kicked in, and i tried to look as > composed as
>possible in an extremely greasy apron and > filthy white tennis
>shoes. 8)> > cailte
>I got called into court one time when I was cooking a feast
>and got to play "surly cook" by walking into Court in a soiled
>apron and flour on my face and saying "What? I'm busy!"

I got to be called from a nearby building, covered in flour (we were
making pie crust, and my outer dress was inside out for that very
reason), to give the autocrat's announcements at opening court
(outside in the lovely sunny day). Note: I was not the autocrat, but
was the territorial baroness whom they assumed would know the most
(too true). But they had to wait a fairly long while as I was chased
down after they realized the autocrat was offsite (long, annoying
story). Getting called out of the kitchen can be so much fun....

Morgana yr Oerfa
--
Wit is educated insolence. -Aristotle, philosopher (384-322 BCE)