[Sca-cooks] How do you answer such a question

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 10 09:59:29 PST 2009

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:
> Selene sez:
>

>> I'm the type who would produce a flowery phrase like, "It is more
>> important to serve the needs of the people, my liege, and what they
>> needed from me in that moment was a clean wholesome kitchen."  But
>> that's just me.
>>

> As the archetypal "I was tactful *once* but then I fell into the sump hole"
> I'd say "Your majesty knows I am of more use to you in the kitchen than as
> a courtier."
More or less the same answer, with a guilt trip for "serving the people
yaddah yaddah" attached.  ;-)

Let's have court in the kitchen!  The food is hotter and lord knows the
company is better.

Oh, and until a few months ago, we could have dubbed Our Gunther as
"Count Spatula".  Drat, missed opportunities, one of you guys will have
to win a Crown then.  [The fighting ladies here wouldn't be Counts
either way, n'est-ce pas?]

Silly Selene