[Sca-cooks] How do you answer such a question

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 11 07:07:10 PST 2009

On Feb 10, 2009, at 10:41 PM, Susan Fox wrote:

> Well that is a good point.  I've been known to correct people who
> worry that they have "mistakenly" called me Lady Selene.  What, did
> they take away my Award of Arms?  I worked hard for that, darnit!

I think this is an example of SCA versus real-world sociology, like
the title-stacking we sometimes engage in, or our love of some 19th-
century forms of address for our Crowns (i.e. Highness, Majesty, and
Grace not being used interchangeably, if at all), etc.

As an example of a legitimate period form of address for our Kings
that might underscore Lady Dame Selene's point, I submit: "My lord
King"...

Adamantius Magister Don't-Call-Me-Late-For-Prandium