[Sca-cooks] Period Portable Lunch Foods

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Thu Feb 12 13:13:51 PST 2009

German is a beast, the older the more vague the meanings (nowa days)
Wurtzel just means root, but unfortunately it can mean almost every root
vegetable that localy was just called a root. Sometimes Carrots, yellow
roots/turnips (sort of yellow carrot, not as sweet, no idea what the propper
english name is), parsnip, parsley,...name it

what do you mean by skirret?

Zucker wurtzel, indianisch (the picture you have) is sweet potato.

katharina