[Sca-cooks] How do you like your chicken?

euriol at ptd.net euriol at ptd.net
Tue Feb 17 10:33:05 PST 2009

I have taken advantage of the chicken leg quarters a couple of times now. I have both baked and grilled the pieces, having separated the drumsticks from the thighs the night before.

I will take a large cooler and line it with an appropriate sized clean plastic bag. Place the chicken pieces in the bag and as a layer is formed have someone season it with what is appropriate for the recipe I'm using.

The bag helps to keep the seasoning and liquids contained and makes clean-up easier.

This is a nice, low cost protein for lunches at events when you serve it with sauces on the side.

I plan on doing this again for the event I'm cooking for at the end of May.

Euriol