[Sca-cooks] A question sure to cause controversy

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 19 11:45:41 PST 2009

<<< Do people prefer Chef de Cuisine (or some version thereof) or is
Feast-o-crat okay?  I know people who absolutely despise F-O-C and
can be
verbally violent about it.  I came from the East where it seemed to be
routinely used but now in the Outlands I've had to watch what I say.

Shoshanna - trying hard not to offend >>>

I doubt you offended many, if any here. You didn't proclaim that one
should or shouldn't use that awful, made-up word. :-) You simply
asked a question.

For some previous discussion on this topic, you might be interested
in this file in the FEASTS section of the Florilegium:
kit-job-titls-msg (18K)  5/ 3/07    Medieval kitchen job titles.

Oh, and I despise the title almost as much as "Troll" and "Autocrat".
But if you, as the Event Coordinator, wish to use them that is your
choice.

And in a similar vein, in the same section:
Of-Course-art     (10K)  6/22/06    "Of Course It's 'Course'! Remove
'Remove'!"
                                        by Dame Alys Katharine, O.L.,
O.P.

Stefan