[Sca-cooks] Happy Shrove/Fat Tuesday, or whatever you call it...

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Feb 24 06:32:00 PST 2009

No pancakes but I did procure lemon filled paczki for the heir./
Here in southeastern Michigan it is Paczki/ Day! The press accounts
say: "But paczki (pronounced POONCH-key) are no ordinary Polish pastries.

They're hulking softball-sized slabs of deep-fried dough filled with
jelly or custard, not to mention 420 calories and 25 grams of fat."

http://www.freep.com/article/20090224/COL27/90224024/1081/Paczki+fans+belly+up+to+Hamtramck+bars
http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090224/METRO/902240376

Johnnae