[Sca-cooks] Happy Shrove/Fat Tuesday, or whatever you call it...

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Tue Feb 24 06:57:10 PST 2009

LOL! I have some genuu-wine Mardi Gras beads, that I could throw on.
(Friend brought them back from Nawleans for me, a couple of years ago).
My food bill has been NUTS for the last year and a bit--eating a lot fewer
"treats" and processed foods, which cuts down on costs, but spending more
for organic when I can find it/afford it.
I don't have it in me, this year, to do the whole 40 days of Lenten in the
style to which I was becoming accustomed (medieval "rules," but modern foods
allowed), so I'm planning, at the moment, to do it for the week between Palm
Sunday and Easter Sunday.
I am taking two cooking classes in March, and one of them's an Intro to
Vegan Cooking, so that may prove helpful! ;o)
--Maire