[Sca-cooks] Meat/Bread to make ahead

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 14:55:56 PST 2009

So I know this is very last minute, and I thank EVERYONE on this great list
in advance for their help.

I'm finally getting around to planning my dayboard menu for 4 or so of us
for the weekend (4 of us going together, but I'll foist food off on anyone
who walks by LOL). I'm making some bread, planning to take cheese, and some
sugar cookies (it's for Val Day in the Midrealm, on Saturday, and I've got
to have something cheesy and Valentines-y). I had been thinking of some
lunch meat, or summer sausage for a protein, but it's very much same ol,
same ol. I thought something portable and make-ahead, sort of like
stromboli, but not so obviously OOP.

Ideas? I don't fancy taking a pie or tart - I want grab and go, and
something I can make at home after dinner tomorrow, cool, slice, and pack
for transport. Just my brain is failing me for things other than stromboli.
Only allergies to worry about are shrimp and walnuts....

THANKS!!!

Ilsebet