[Sca-cooks] Special Event at Dun Carraig's A Day in the Middle East

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 07:32:36 PST 2009

Dame Hauviette d'Anjou will be at A Day in the Middle East in Dun Carraig,
teaching a class based on her ebook, "Celebration at the Serayi" and selling
autographed copies of it. This is a tremendous addition to the class
schedule for the event as she is gaining recognition in the modern world for
her work.  The intro for the book was written by Charles Perry (former food
critic for the LA Times), considered a leading authority on Middle Eastern
historical cookery and author/editor of "Medieval Arab Cookery".   Also, she
has been invited by the Turkish Cultural Foundation to take a tour of Turkey
in Fall, 2009.  In fact, she will be visiting with the Director of the
foundation while she is in town.   She was also a finalist on the FoodTV
show, "The Ultimate Showdown."

It is our hope that as many of you as possible will come to the event and
meet Hauviette...I know she's looking forward to seeing you again!

Kiri