[Sca-cooks] Probably OOP cucumber questions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 7 13:55:56 PDT 2009

Brangwayna Morgan asked:
<<< My cucumber plants are going gang-busters - 9 cucumbers growing
already,
and they only just started flowering.
Are there any period cucumber recipes? >>>

Yes.

Cucumbers-Hst-art  (8K)  1/15/07    "Medieval and Ancient History of the
                                        Cucumber" by Ian of Oertha.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/Cucumbers-Hst-art.html
cucumbers-msg     (12K)  5/17/01    Medieval and period cucumbers.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/cucumbers-msg.html

Ansteorra growing season must be a bit ahead of Pennsylvania's.
Someone brought in several obscenely large cucumbers (2" dia. and 18"
long) from our local Pioneer Farms, an 19th century farm reenactment,
to use as door prizes in one of my job search groups.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com